The Unknown Ghosts

Anyone have a general idea of why my GR would minimize w/o any reason, every three and half minutes or so? I've been having this problem for a couple weeks now and nothing is indicating a problem. You name it I've probably already tried it. I'll give you the specifications when I get a hold of them in a few hours.

:mellow: I can't be sure obviously, because I don't have access to your system, but I'm guessing something else is running in the background every few minutes or so and stealing the Windows 'Focus', that is - it jumps to the front of everything else, placing it's window first (thus the term stealing focus) - The fact that you cannot see anything may be indicative of Spyware.

At the Risk of teaching you to suck-eggs, I would suggest a Full system scan using the latest version & definition updates of ADAWARE Personal Edition, a scan with Spybot S&D (latest version 1.3), also install SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard from JavaCool Software - All Free of Course..

Another useful utility is HiJackThis, which will give you a listing of everything that is currently running on your system - a good look through the log may pick up something.

Best of Luck. ;)

PS: Microsoft's own TweakUI has a setting whereby you can prevent applications from 'focus stealing' - at least until some other naughty piece of software comes along and steals it back again..

Okay thanks, I will look into that. I'm just suprised Norton, or its firewall don't pick up any of that. Well thats norton for you! Plus I'm not real in tune with this spyware crap. I don't even get how it works. But, hey at least you gave something new to look into, because I am fresh out of ideas. THANKS!

Originally posted by AEG_GHOSTDRAON@Apr 22 2005, 09:37 PM

Okay thanks, I will look into that. I'm just suprised Norton, or its firewall don't pick up any of that. Well thats norton for you! Plus I'm not real in tune with this spyware crap. I don't even get how it works. But, hey at least you gave something new to look into, because I am fresh out of ideas. THANKS!

I've been running Norton Anti Virus (with live update) for 2 years - and it still hasn't stopped all of the trojans and worms!

Funnily enough, a free program (Spyware Doctor) seems to be doing the trick right now! Trya spyware scan and clean and see what happens....

Yea you bet I have. I downloaded Microsofts Beta Anitspyware program. So far everything is back to normal! I greatly appretiate your help. I was about to go crazy, because I tried practically everything, updating video driver, defrag, norton scan, looked for corrupt processes, everything. Thanks again for your help!