The Unknown Ghosts

Groundbranch

we move in myserious ways lol... quality input is needed from the right people who know what thier talking about im not jumping on any band wagon (it dosnt pay as the graw affair showed, you end up with egg on your face) but the ethos of the development team is sincere im sure, having played with a few of them over the years and having tested a lot of thier work, the talent is undisputed and the commitment to creating a community based game that fills the space left after the demise of gr1 is admirable, i hope they find the neccecary financial backing they need to complete the project, this is one game that will be on pre order as the team creating it have in some way shape or form added to my personal enjoyment of fps gaming over the years....

Don't go easy on them on requirements for online/MP features. They prolly already know but there's no harm in them being told by someone who knows what has worked and what hasn't on a ton of other games.

I've followed Ground Branch since the day the forum opened. I'm usually not one to jump on the bandwagon as soon as someone posts a screenshot, and IMO no game has yet lived up to GR1's standard. But I'm getting all the right answers from the BlackFoot crew, and Ground Branch could very well be the first game to match or surpass GR1 in gameplay.

Respectfully

krise madsen

The problem i see with GB is that it seems more geared to the co-op players although they do seem up for comments on MP, whereas i thinks it should be more MP and co-op as a not so much after thought but a second to a great MP experiance :)

But i will see how it goes, how far have they got and at what timescale and how much money do the need, have they no sponsorship??

The problem i see with GB is that it seems more geared to the co-op players although they do seem up for comments on MP, whereas i thinks it should be more MP and co-op as a not so much after thought but a second to a great MP experiance :)

But i will see how it goes, how far have they got and at what timescale and how much money do the need, have they no sponsorship??

Looking to invest? A few millions (

because i can tell you guys if its no where between Gr and Graw with a lot more then it will not take over the GR community and it definatley will not compete with the Cod s of this world.

The game to make it or make an impact would need to draw the teams back to compete in both MP and then Co-OP.

The user interface needs to be noob friendly.

Modding needs to noob friendly.

But it will still need to be slightly different.

Its a very hard one but still looking forward to see how it turns out.

Everything I've seen and heard (short of the game itself) tells me that if you loved GR1 you'll love GB for the very same reasons, including both MP and co-op being catered for. For one thing, you're likely to see at least one brand new MP mode.

They're not going to make it more complex and clunky than need be *cough*OFP/ArmA*cough* and no more than GR1.

BlackFoot Studios are very pro-modding, so it will be about as easy or difficult as any other mod-friendly modern game (like, say, UT3 or Crysis).

Respectfully

krise madsen

• 2 months later...
Yep, is it anywhere near completion yet? Last I heard it was still in concept stage(!!!!!!).

If anyone is wondering, "Groundbranch" is the name given to black ops by the CIA.

Not yet its early if you join up theres a new newsletter out. They say the game is playable but they are waiting on someone coming in i.e. a UBI type company but not them of course they then can release alot more info.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...