The Unknown Ghosts

Volcol makes a mod

volcol

Yes I am making a mod, its going to be titled RECOIL. Its a two man job ( me and a very very experienced college friend) and its for the HL2 engine.

There is however, something very very different abou this mod. The modelling is not being done in 3DS max, nor maya, nor blender for that matter. I am using Google Sketchup 6.

Been using it for a while now, however, we have just bought some 3ds max exporter software, which exports the models geometry (smoothening)and leaves out the google sketchup back faces (which would double the poly count).

As yet we only have a few models created, one of which was a weapon. John found a way to make it work, and exported successfully into game.

The British L1A1 (as its a mod set in the 70's) was the English Semi-auto for the army. the model is 7800 polys, geometrically perfect. All i have to do is find someone who can texture it and were away! ( and texture the other 16 weapons i am working on). Surprisingly it did not take too long, 4.5 hours with sketchup isnt that bad. Its all accurate and most importantly can be animated.

Please ignore the texture on the ingame model ( the side profile above is the textured version in Sketchup)

http://volcol.deviantart.com/art/L1A1-Sketchup-in-game-126811494

any body Irish? we need some vioce acting