The Unknown Ghosts

Far Cry 3 Confirmed

According to the guys over at CVG, there is a FC3 in development, but no idea what platforms its for.

As the interview was in a Playstation magazine, its probably safe to say it'll be on consoles, and probably ported to PC too.

At least this time they should have proper dedicated servers out of the box if they learnt anything from FC2's release!!

Original story: here

Far Cry 3 is in development and looking "pretty exciting", an Ubisoft scriptwriter has told Official PlayStation Magazine.

Speaking at a recent Avatar junket, OPM asked Ubisoft scribe Kevin Shortt if he was working on a third Far Cry title and instead of the usual "no comment", the mag received a refreshing response...

<br clear="all"> "No I'm not," he replied honestly. "But I know the team are and what I've seen looks pretty exciting." Far Cry 3 confirmed then, just like that.

Other than that blatant response, it's mostly guess work so far on what we should expect from Far Cry 3. Last year though narrative designer Patrick Redding did mention that a sequel would likely retain an African setting, though he also mentioned Antarctica as a possibility.

It's also probable the third game will be based around an improved version of the Dunia engine, OPM points out, which was specifically built to handle complex real-world physics within a sandbox environment.

We've contacted Ubisoft for comment.