The Unknown Ghosts

Crysis 2 - MP Demo - Now Available

The download for the Crysis 2 MP Demo has now gone live on the EA Crysis site, with more mirrors going up later today.

The file is approx 1.56GB and I've been downloading from EA this morning at about 800kb/s - only took about 30-40minutes.

Link: http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/1/demo

Demo details:

Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo

Choose your download location: EA | Nvidia (Live at 12:00AM PST) | Shacknews (Live at 12:00AM PST) | More coming soon!

The time has come for PC and Xbox 360 gamers to take their best shot in Crysis 2 multiplayer. Now available for download, the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo includes two stunning maps, two adrenaline-filled modes, and hours of multiplayer action. In the demo, PC and Xbox 360 gamers will master the game’s signature Nanosuit, which allows them to be strong, be invisible, be fast and become the ultimate weapon.

Players will compete in six vs. six matches set against a war-torn Manhattan in two maps: “Skyline”, set on top of the rooftops and interiors of skyscrapers, and “Pier 17”, an open environment with limited cover. The demo also features two modes: “Team Instant Action” pits two teams against each other as they kill as many opponents as possible to win the round and “Crash Site,” where players will battle for control of alien drop pods, earning points by guarding their pods and keeping enemies at bay.

For more information on the two maps included in the demo, you can check out MyCrysis.com's "Map Focus" feature on Pier 17 and Skyline

Mode Descriptions

TEAM INSTANT ACTION

“Team Instant Action” pits two teams against each other as they kill as many opponents as possible to earn higher ranks.

CRASH SITE

In “Crash Site,” players will battle for control of alien drop pods, earning points by guarding their pods and keeping enemies at bay.

NanoSuit Abilities And Weapons

NANOSUIT: The Nanosuit is very powerful and gives you special abilities.

Be Strong: This ability will allow you to enable the Nanosuit armor. It will also allow you to take more damage and deal a whole lot more pain to your enemy using melee.

Be Fast: You will be able to run faster and jump farther. If you can gain a height advantage on your enemy, jump toward him or her and while in mid-air use the air stomp, which deals severe damage. Also, while sprinting, you can slide on the ground and shoot your weapon simultaneously. Slide to cover or slide into action -- you decide!

Be Invisible: Enabling this Nanosuit ability will allow you to become virtually invisible to your enemies. Use this to stalk your prey and they'll never know what hit them. Be careful though -- if you shoot your weapon or use the melee action, you will become visible.

Be the Weapon: You are an advanced weapon. Though you will have various guns at your disposal, don't forget that your suit is a viable killing machine. Just watch that battery meter to make sure you're always keeping the suit powered up.

WEAPONS: There are four primary weapons available in the demo.

SCAR: Introduced in 2018 and manufactured by US-based Scrutch Industries, the SCAR is now the standard-issue assault rifle for all US Forces. Utilizing advanced rifle cartridges that are smaller than the previous 5.56mm rounds, the SCAR offers increased ammunition storage per-magazine with zero impact on combat effectiveness. Field tests confirm that it exceeds its predecessor in almost every area, from muzzle velocity through flight stability to terminal ballistics.

Jackal: Designed from the ground up for military purposes by upstart company Bishop Ballistics, the Jackal is a heavy-duty combat shotgun in every sense of the term. While its competitors are based on civilian market models, the main concept behind the Jackal is accurate, low-recoil, rapid-fire delivery of 12 gauge shotgun rounds downrange in an urban combat zone.

DSG1: Information forthcoming.

MK60: Information forthcoming.

Edited by .TuG.Beaver

Welcome to our first ever Crysis 2 Map Focus: Skyline!

In these articles we'll be looking at all of the maps you will find in Crysis 2 multiplayer, each article will give you a short description along with some tactical advice for in-game. All articles will be accompanied with a tactical overview and an environmental image to show you just what to expect. Make sure to share your feedback in the comments section below!

21f312eb41a3e8b0279f4ae8fa4121f8_500_0_0.jpgAn environmental shot taken in-game on Skyline

Skyline Description

The Glasshouse dominates the centre of this skyscraper rooftop and from the summit almost the entire area is revealed. Controlling this central high ground gives a major tactical advantage so expect fierce fighting in and around it. The map is small but with extreme verticality, use your Nanosuit abilities to quickly gain the high ground and then defend it against all attackers. The shorter distances mean the Feline is an excellent weapon choice on this map which is particularly well suited to intense Crash Site battles.

Skyline Tactical Overview

Below is a tactical overview of Skyline, here you can see all levels of the map, entry and exit points, and plan out strategies or identify key tactical points.

8595244bb6dd24e7f6626c2fa20a8899_500_0_0.jpgA tactical overview of Skyline

Welcome to our second map focus, this time around featuring: Pier 17!

We're moving away from the well known Skyline and this time taking a look at the slightly lesser known Pier 17. Some people may be a little familiar with this map already from previous releases, however I'm sure you'll all find something new with today's article.

bb5a5a0ccf20575e84e33fb3824b15b7_500_0_0.jpg

An environtal shot taken in-game on Pier 17

Pier 17 Description

The ruined mall at Pier 17 overlooks the shattered harbour with the ferry terminal opposite on the verge of toppling into the ocean. This U-shaped map has some large open spaces with limited cover so use stealth mode to move unseen and surprise your enemies. With longer range combat opportunities and various high vantage points the DSG1 is an excellent choice here and could make the difference in a close Team Instant Action match.

Pier 17 Tactical Overview

Below is a tactical overview of Pier 17, here you can see all levels of the map, entry and exit points, and plan out strategies or identify key tactical points.

84c6fbf8d6412e32fda40e7299fa65fe_500_0_0.jpgA tactical overview of Pier 17

Edited by .TuG.Beaver

Well, not a good start - looks like they didnt think it would be so popular and its overloaded alot of the backend servers etc.

I finally remembered my old login for GameSpy - .TuG.Beaver - used in many an old game we've played I went to find a server, joined it - then got a win7 pop-up saying that crysis2 demo had stopped responding.... balls!

Will try again tomorrow evening once thing have calmed down I think.

Only thing i DONT like at the moment about the game is the interface - dont like to stupid way it all moves from side to side as if its 3D when you move the mouse around - makes me feel sick!

Yay - I finally got into a server and it started ok - game is pretty good fun - will just take a little time to get used to everything. Is very fast paced as Wizzy said - but shame its only 6v6 max.

I suck at remembering all the cool nano-suit stuff I can use!!

Only issue I saw was a little bit of tearing/graphical glitches now and again.

overall so far after 15mins play i'd certainly look at buying the full game as it has all the ranking up stuff that people like and the unlocking of weapons & kit, etc. :)