.TuG.Beaver Posted November 18, 2008 Report Posted November 18, 2008 Was wondering if anyone has downloaded this on Steam yet? I think I may buy it just for the sheer fun of it to blow some zombie heads off in co-op!
.TuG.-Breaker Posted November 18, 2008 Report Posted November 18, 2008 What is it and is it out yet. are you kidding? you cant tell me you have not heard of it yet?? oh but its out already, yes
.TuG.DaveAlmighty Posted November 18, 2008 Report Posted November 18, 2008 Was wondering if anyone has downloaded this on Steam yet? I think I may buy it just for the sheer fun of it to blow some zombie heads off in co-op! You can get it for about
.TuG.Sherriff Posted November 18, 2008 Report Posted November 18, 2008 Got it on order, it'll turn up at some point and i'll be up for some co-op survival! Cheers, Sherriff
.TuG.Tweak Posted November 19, 2008 Report Posted November 19, 2008 I would love to play this as the demo was amazing, it oozes quality.
.TuG.Sherriff Posted November 22, 2008 Report Posted November 22, 2008 Turned up this morning, will be up for trying out some zombie blasting later on today, just got to do house and life admin first! Cheers, Sherriff
.TuG.Beaver Posted November 22, 2008 Author Report Posted November 22, 2008 Turned up this morning, will be up for trying out some zombie blasting later on today, just got to do house and life admin first! Cheers, Sherriff I will probably dl it from steam today - cant be arsed ordering it from play or elsewhere - also just going to do house & life admin 1st!
.TuG.Tweak Posted November 22, 2008 Report Posted November 22, 2008 Just got it and will be on later. Beaver can you create a channel in TS so we know whos on?? Cheers
.TuG.Tweak Posted November 23, 2008 Report Posted November 23, 2008 Well...Sherriff and myself played through the whole first act last night and it is awesome. I was the only one to survive and make it to the chopper, I tried to save Sherriff but it was hopless, I had to fend off hundreds of them to get out! lol If we could get 8 of us on (4 surviviors and 4 infected) it would be a really fun. The Co-op campaign mode is possibly the best Co-op experience I've ever had and I cant recommend it enough, the felling os sheer panic is indescribable. I dare anyone not to poo their pants when they come face to face with a "tank" with nowhere to run to.
.TuG.JJUK Posted November 23, 2008 Report Posted November 23, 2008 Well...Sherriff and myself played through the whole first act last night and it is awesome. I was the only one to survive and make it to the chopper, I tried to save Sherriff but it was hopless, I had to fend off hundreds of them to get out! lolIf we could get 8 of us on (4 surviviors and 4 infected) it would be a really fun. The Co-op campaign mode is possibly the best Co-op experience I've ever had and I cant recommend it enough, the felling os sheer panic is indescribable. I dare anyone not to poo their pants when they come face to face with a "tank" with nowhere to run to. how does the co-op work then 4vs 4 ??
.TuG.Tweak Posted November 24, 2008 Report Posted November 24, 2008 The Campaign co-op works like the single player, you and three players go through the game against the computer conrolled infected. The clever bit is the versus mode. You still go through the campaign with three other players exept 4 opposing players spawn as one of the "super" infected (either as : Tank, Smoker, Boomer or Hunter) and you have infinit repsawns. The spawning system of the zombies is really clever. Firsty you appear in the game in real time as a "ghost" you pass through everything and cant attack. You can only spawn if your out of sight oif the 4 human characters ie round corners, behind doors etc. this makes for some real junp out of your seat moments. You have to co-ordinate your attacks with the other zombie players to pick on stragglers, those with little energy etc. If anyone hasn't played this please give it a go, it really well done. The demo didn't do it justice at all, the finale at the end of the MERCY campaign is unblelievable as you try to fight off hundreds of them while a chooper arrives. The stats at the end said that Sherriff and me had killed nearly 2500 zombies!! amazing, bet very very scary! lol
.TuG.Sherriff Posted November 24, 2008 Report Posted November 24, 2008 It's an awesome game, hugely atmospheric, lots of 'OH SHIT!!' moments when the hordes arrive or a Tank (massively strong zombie) makes an appearance and plenty of tense creeping when you hear a Witch crying in the dark.. Cheers, Sherriff
.TuG.-Breaker Posted November 24, 2008 Report Posted November 24, 2008 there may be scary parts in it, but i bet you never played something scary like Dead Space ffs...that's a hard bit please check it out if you got the chance to and this is actually the camera perspective you are playing with
.TuG.JJUK Posted November 24, 2008 Report Posted November 24, 2008 http://kotaku.com/5096479/dawn-of-the-dead-mall-coming-to-left-4-dead modded map. from an interview with FiringSquad QUOTE Q. FiringSquad: After the game is released on the PC will there be any additional content released for Left 4 Dead as has been the case for Counter-Strike Source? A. Michael Booth: Absolutely. We already have ideas for additional missions, features, and content that we hope to ship in future releases/updates to Left 4 Dead. In addition, an L4D-specific update will be made to the Source SDK so members of the community can make their own missions, characters, and L4D MOD content. all this is from the forums at Gr.net i may get it later :0
.TuG.Tweak Posted November 24, 2008 Report Posted November 24, 2008 there may be scary parts in it, but i bet you never played something scary like Dead Space ffs...that's a hard bit please check it out if you got the chance to [ATTACH]1562[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1563[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1564[/ATTACH] and this is actually the camera perspective you are playing with [ATTACH]1565[/ATTACH] Dead Space Isnt a patch on L4D to be honest Breaker (I have both), Dead Space is a great game, but a bit predictable.
.TuG.-Breaker Posted November 24, 2008 Report Posted November 24, 2008 well i didnt mention a word dead space is a patch on l4d just said its a scary game and it is a great game indeed
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now