Jump to content
The Unknown Ghosts

.TuG.h0

TuG Member
  • Posts

    803
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by .TuG.h0

  1. Ok, I figured that some of you (ahem, Beaver..) are computer gurus who know everything about computers. I have encountered a problem (the first in a long time) with my pc. I had a desktop lying around with everything minus CPU and motherboard. I got these from my brother (second hand) from my brother yesterday. I plugged everything in hooked up my gfx card/SATA drive/wires/everything else that needed hooking up and I got some problems.. 80GB Maxtor SATA hard drive 512 mb DDR ram CD-writer/dvd drive 600W power supply XFX Nvidia Geforce 5200, 256MB ATX case Wires for pretty much everything ASUS A7V600 AMD Athlon XP 2500+ BOOT DISK FAILURE PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM INSTALL DISC I unplugged it and checked all of the connections. Now there is a different problem. I sorted a friend's PC out when it had this problem simply by putting the windows XP install disc into the cd drive. This did not work this time. I put it in, then it did that blue-screen scan for devices, etc. By the time it actually got to the main part of the setup it told me that I did not have any hard drives installed. After I turned it off and removed the cd. It now starts up, then there is a black screen with white text that flashes and is visible every 2 seconds. I see: Award Medallion BIOS v6.0 An Energy Star Ally Copyright Award Software, Inc ASUS A7V600-X ACPI Revision 1008 AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Memory Test: 524288K OK Award Plug and Play BIOS Extension v1.0A Initialize Plug and Play Cards... PMP Init completed Detecting primary Master ... none Detecting primary slave ... _NEC CD-RW NR-9100A Detecting secondary Master ... none Detecting secondary slave ... none Then after a while it goes on to another screen which flashes: VIA Technologies, Inc Serial ATA RAID BIOS Setting Utility V2.31 Copyright © VIA Technology, Inc All Right reserved. Scan devices please wait... Press key into user window! I have messed around with the Award BUIS Setup Utility (press DEL at start up) with the Plug & Play O/S and tried to set Boot devices. It seems that I have 4 boot slots. I can choose: 1. a Removable device (Legacy Floppy, LS120, ZIP, ATAPI MO, USB FDD, USB ZIP) 2. IDE Hard Drive (can only choose none or disabled.) 3. ATAPI CD-ROM (_NEC CD-RW NR-9100A) 4. Other Boot Device (SCSI/Onboard ATA Boot Device or INT18 Device (network)) I set it to the first option. Any of you guys got any ideas?
  2. .... I think i might play it to try and make some money
  3. thats sad why.... WHY!!!?!?!?!?! It makes no sense... Yes you could buy quite a few nice parts.
  4. hahaha i kno
  5. i found something I had lost the url for. I just foundit again: http://www.molvania.com/video_medium_2.html omg this is great
  6. snowflakes ftw. tug'ettes? we don't have any girls do we? Well yeah merry x-mas and a happy new year!!!
  7. .TuG.h0

    help

    well. Firstly you open up TS then you go to connection/quick connect. then fill in the following: 193.93.46.64:8767 yourname leave login name empty then put in the pw (i can pm it for you) When you are on ask a server admin (SA) to allow you to register.
  8. k guys in a little over 4 days the new update good (apparently) version of GE:S will be out. I played it before and it brought back some memories. On christmas day this version should be a lot better. Any of you guys tried it out?
  9. ey guys. como estas semenow? and hey 12345six. you can join the TWL 2vs2 ladder if you want. This is a temporary solution while we build up our team. http://www.teamwarfare.com/viewteam.asp?team=2+the+unknown+ghosts+2 pw = penisenvy yes i know the password is wrong
  10. oh no oh no football manager. I don't like these kind of games though that's just my taste. You either love it or hate it. Loads of people in my class at school are obsessed with pro evo and various football manager games.
  11. I dont have it though I might buy it
  12. Welcome. If you ever feel like playing some cs:s you'll prolly bump into me. I wanted to also start GRAW but my rule is "if it don't run smooth enough don't play it" and GRAW is a little bit on the high side for my system. Well Maybe when I get a new pc.
  13. lol JJ Well yeah I have also preordered a 2000 points card that will also let me get stuff like goldeneye and all that. I think I might have to buy a gamecube controller or an n64 one cause some games will not be as fun with the remote.
  14. I am prolly gonna get it this friday. I preordered the sports pack (wii, nunchuck, remote, wii sports and sensor bar) and zelda twilight princess. If I don't get it this friday I will def have it by next week. I think on fri though We must play online together then dave. Which games you gonna get?
  15. I have a wii preordered. I know what a lot of you guys are gonna say but the way a wii is used is just too cool. I don't usually like consoles that much because they are outdated almost instantly. The reason why I am getting a wii is because it is not limiting my possibilities of pc expansion (I am not paying for it and it is cheap) and it looks fun. What do you guys think?
  16. http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3492757 Thats what I use. ONLY FOR MY GAMING, on my other xp I have a whole load of crap. This one takes up little space. I only install games, TS, xfire, etc. Nothing else. It is my gaming operating system do not bother using it if you want to use it for stuff like adobe pdf creator and stuff because there are reg files missing for things like spooler. Just use it for vlc/ts/steam/browsing/msn/paint/daemon tools/and maybe a few more to keep it running great.
  17. mm, Tiger woods pga tour. I love that game. If you have a ps2 and one of those mega controllers where you can program buttons then bind one of them to rapid turning of the analog stick you are unstoppable
  18. time to whoop out your xfire profile dave
  19. lol guys, no matter what the conversation, if there is a member from each game, there will be arguements and insults can't we just leave it at "it all boils down to opinion" and my opinion is best
  20. sweet. I lost my watch :'( I miss it too... Shame most of my friends really are cheap..
  21. you a GRAW player? I play css atm. Waiting to get a system that can handle GRAW
  22. hahaha. When I was 12 I built my first pc. I am currently in the process of building another one and I have the money for it, though I have too much work to build and buy now. I reckon If I wait until after my exams I will have saved more and technology will have advanced by then so I will just wait. My laptop is more than enough for css. what do you mean stupid games like css well. I am addicted. Actually you're rught, it is stupidly addictive... (plz guys lets not have another css vs GR forum war ) Well back on topic, just look online, I recommend a board with socket AM2 because it kicks ass, then get a cheap processor... wait, shit... nm I'm an AMD guy soz cant help you much board/CPU wise, I've always been an AMD gamer.. Any other components don't hesitate to ask and I can TRY to help.
  23. Thanks beav you are da man!!!
  24. I think it would be a good idea to upload jaspers map. I have not had the opportunity to play against anyone on it though it does look interesting. I also do not know how many spawnpoints there are or where they are. I think that it would make a good deathmatch or team deathmatch map for sure. There must be buy areas since I doubt we will start fiddling around with deathmatch mods atm.. Beaver can you please upload the following maps? aim_deagle, fy_poolparty_v3 and surf_japan_v4. They can be found here: http://trs-gaming.com/downloads/fordprefect/css/maps/
  25. mmmm. Yes dave. A few years meaning 9 or 10 seeing as the age limit is 16 now Welcome nanky n samboosa. Welcom to the other two, I don't know you two yet but Maybe when I get GRAW up and running?
×
×
  • Create New...