.TuG.h0
TuG Member-
Posts
803 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by .TuG.h0
-
kk ah i see the problem it exceeds the file size so lemme sort it. There now its a crappy looking text file well just make a cool design and I'll sort out the rest of the details. Thanks for helping out. In my school we have to do "vrijwillegers werk" on our course, if you need the same thing then you can get some for helping with the flyer and also I can say you helped out on the day Tassadus it is in Hilversum, will be good if you can come. flyer details for sam.txt
-
k It's gonna be on the 3rd of May. Any of you that want to come plz contact me. Sam can you maybe make that flyer? I have attached the flyer details
-
I agree with tantalus completely and that is usually where the conversation stops because the console owners know that they cant beat the fact that pc's are getting better and can be changed by buying new components. Also I am pretty sure there is not one console which has the range of games that a pc does. Just last week I was at my friends house and he was telling me about how he was gonna kick my arse in halo 2 (the game he plays the whole time) and simply by using a few simple tactics from css and some reaction speed gotten from ut2k4 I managed to draw with him. So from personal experience I can say that it seems that the broad capabilities of pc make it possible to learn and do a lot more.
-
I got most of the servers in and I don't think that there will be any problem I got 3 IBM xSeries 226. In general they are: 3.0-3.4 GHz Intel Xeon 512 MB RAM (can be expanded to 16GB RAM though I think realistically there is only max 2GB cards so will be 12GB still ) ATI RADEON 7000M IGP (dunno guess it'll be fine) The only problem is that they don't have any hard drives as they are brand new and come by standard with no hard drives so My friend who got the servers is gonna go and get some hard drives and other random equipment shoved into them by some guy who works at the office. Should be good. Now just a lot of config to be done. I will have 4 servers minimum by the end and I think we will easily have 6. In general games I was thinking of hosting are as follows: CS 1.6 CSS UT2K4 C&C:ZH Warcraft 3:Frozen Throne Joint operations/Red Ochestra/BF2 The last line is the games so far that might be hosted, I need to choose one, suggestions welcome. I was thinking BF2 because ppl play it but some ppl have slower pcs so... Red orchestra I really aren't sure yet, sounds good from what I've heard, and Joint Ops apparently is easy to distribute along a network. There will be ladders for 2 games minimum. I was wondering, how can I regulate whether the people won fairly, etc, cause I'm not gonna have all matches hosted over our servers, I think that'd be to much right? I was thinking that everyone make their own listening servers and then just pair up with their opponents. Well I guess it would usually run properly by itself and I could make ppl make a demo per match just so tha if anyone is accused then we can have a look. There is a problem that i am having with CSS configuration. I have installed mani admin-plugin so that it runs on listening servers that I create, but then when I add my steam ID to the admin list it doesn't work. I tried useind my admin-binded key but it says that I'm not an admin, I looked it up and then I found out that the server.cfg is run when there is a map change so I set the round limit low so that there was a map change but it stil doesn't work. I also have a problem with the server.cfg file as it is not the server set up that I put in that file when I start a listening ordedicated server, "How do I run the server.cfg file??? :confused:" help would be very much appreciated.
-
.TuG. RedOrchestra Server Online
.TuG.h0 replied to .TuG.Beaver's topic in Other Games - Released/Upcoming
cool cant wait to try it... unfortunately I haven't got it yet for some reason... -
kk cloud I think I kinda understood that. We'll today I'm gonna be talking to people and getting dates sorted if possible so I'll prolly prolly be back later tonight with details. Tantalus so how fast a hard drive would you recommend, cause how much will this affect the ping?
-
Sam- That would be cool I also talked with a couple ppl and there are some places that I will be able to leave flyers, get them handed out, etc. Well I haven't designed the site yet I'll prolly just get someone to make some nice background and menu pics and then get my bro to make a site of it. Needs to look good. I'll try and get all of the dates and info and maybe site done this weekend but I'll have to see a lot of things.. Well sounds good. If we get enough TuGs we can get challenges Will also be other games so I need to practise those games too. Like UT2k4 I'll also be playing (not as much as css of course.) Tass- um I think it will be either end april or beginning may, will be good if you can come. Which cities you guys live in? I met some guy in hsum who i play css with sometimes now I could prolly get him to get ppl and he comes prolly too . I'll keep you all updated.
-
O M G I just realised I have a holiday in April from 14-19. I was planning to go to the Cambridge/oxford easter IB course to make sure I make muchos $ in the long-run but then it turns out that the course isn't for me , its for IB2 students and I'm IB1... I might be visiting family in UK then.... We'll see I doubt I'll come cause I'll prolly stay in London if I come, but we'll see
-
Red Orchestra:Ostfront 41-45 released
.TuG.h0 replied to .TuG.Beaver's topic in Other Games - Released/Upcoming
haha I was just about to ask yo whether there will be the possibility of putting up a server as they seem to be completely full. A friend of mine at school was wondering if there will be a RO division in TuG, I told him that we will see because the game has to be good enough, popular and server space, etc.. I should have it soon, purchased online but seems to be taking ages, haven't gotten anythin yet, just pre-loaded and now I will have to go through the lengthy update.. -
Full? hehe I think not, I got 3 24-port switches and a whole gym so about 65 ppl max . Well It is going to be on a saturday for sure, there will be 4 servers, and 2 admin pcs minimum, 1-4 projectors, sound system, could get a band (decent one from school) to play during arrivals and closing but I don't think it's necessary. There will be one large gym for about 80 ppl (including staff) if we are completely full and another gym for food and spectating, and other games like handhelds, consoles, etc (need to put them somewhere ), everything is BYOS (Bring Your Own Shi...Stuff.) Yeah will be good to invite MAD and other dutch ppl. If some of you dutch ppl who are in GR want I could prolly set up a server for that . There is not really any set games, its just that there are provided servers and tournament ladders for some games. invite all Dutch ppl you know who like gaming. If they are interested then tell them to e-mail me (joyinho@gmail.com) the site should be up soon with info on dates/times/parking/etc. I need as many people as possible. Though I'm fraid I'm gonna have to ask people to pay bout 4 min to max 12 EUR to cover the costs. I wil have to check prices, cause we spent money on switches, CAT5 cables, etc but I will make it as cheap as possible. You think Mark n donkey wil be able to come. Should be around en april.
-
Hey all, If any of you remember I am going to be hosting a lan in Hilversum, Holland (yeah I meant it) and I got pretty much all of the equipment now. I am ready to set the date but I have a few questions that I think you tugs will probably have answers for. so... 1. I have several pcs that have been acquired for the lan and they are ready for config but I want to know. For games like CS:S, UT2K4, C&C:ZH and maybe red orchestra (but must see how popular it gets and stuff.) what kind of speed CPU would be needed, what amount of RAM and anything else. I was told (and I beleive that it's right) that CPU isn't that important for servers as they are just linking information and configs, etc. RAM apparently 512 is mroe than enough for a server. Can anyone verify this and what have I forgotten? 2. For CS:S I was wondering, would it be possible to add statsme or some kind of stat logger? I remember in the old TuG site there were stats on some kind of page that displayed skill points, most headshots, most bomb defuses, most saved hostages, etc. I would like to hand out prizes for most headshots and highest ranking (statsme) but how can this be added without installing linux (I can't be bothered with tha much work even though there are plenty of sites on dedicated linux css servers.) 3. I have configs for CS:S but does anyone know any good configs for the other games? 4. I would like to have a TV source kinda thing on the servers, will it be fine to simply set up one rig to spectate like normal or how is it done on the match server? 5. Do any of you want to come? I am hoping that most of you Dutch ppl will be coming, Hilversum isn't hard to get to and the place I am holding the lan isn't far from the station (walking distance.) It'll be good to get a bunch of TuGs there to pwn in all the games there, I can play UT2K4 decently and CS:S depends on the day. I seem to remeber someone from tug saying something about C&C regional champion would be good to have one of those handy. Please any feedback is good. Ford
-
Well I reckon that its good that new technology is coming out and letting us all advance, but its expensive and it isnt always necessary. Of course most people wont be able to use direct x 10 when windows vista comes out and everyone will be pissed off because even the people who do have a 7800 or higher will not be able to play all old games. This is so gay and I think that I would prolly end up running just games from before windows vista and if I in the future get a system that fulfils the system requiremets of windows vista, I'll prolly have my system multi boot to save me so I can switch between OS.
-
hey that razer copperhead I ordered it ut it never arrived from the shop. Lucky I didn't pay first.
-
hey maszyuna, You're a good player and I enjoy playing on TuG2 with you but right now we really have a lot of players for css and have been plannin dividing the players into groups cause thats how many we will have, but stick around an we will see what happens.
-
Well it was fun while it lasted.
-
soz but I don't exactly live newhere near Adam..
-
Post your specs
.TuG.h0 replied to Serenity's topic in Computers / Consoles / Mobile Phones / Gadgets
Hehe when my laptop first broke I was going round Ulrik's house that Friday for some all night css. I ended up using his mum's dell latitude that just reached the minimum specs. I had to set everything to low so that it wouldn't crash and I used a mini 2" microsoft laptop mouse for 11 straight hours. Dells seem to be alright most of the time. Hope you enjoy receiving it, and don't stay away from css too long when trying out ur new games.. BTW here's my specs: AMD sempron/turion I think sempron or something like that 64-bit 3000+ (~1.8-1.9 I guess) 768mb RAM PCI-express ATI x700 128MB 80GB HDD 15.4" cristalbrite screen This with a 4Mbit connection in NL gives me a pretty good ping on TuG servers and I usually get a nice fps of around 80fps. Well to me I like taking my pc with me so this laptop is pretty good, and I might make a new desktop for myself when I have the time.. -
ooh noster thats you? I thought you were someone else well c ya around.
-
eey tasy, hopefully you become a full member soon, you play quite often with us and when you are a full member we can pwn in matches together .
-
come visit soon. We had some good times.
-
or you could just buy it by itself at the steam store online for $20. Deleon is right. There's a package called the source multiplayer pack or something with DOD:S, CS:S and HL2:deathmatch
-
hahaha
-
So you play css? Or what game(s) you play?
-
Nooo Gaz :'( we will all miss you and it was fun playing css with you. Well if you gotta go then you gotta go, but make sure you drop by the forums or servers or something.
-
I have it - review shortly
.TuG.h0 replied to .TuG.Beaver's topic in Other Games - Released/Upcoming
hmm well hopefully I will be spending my holz in hong kong with a friend so I will be sitting in starbucks making use of the shopping mall's wifi playing games and then the rest of the time I'll be sleeping, visiting gaming cafes and looking round pc shops for cheap processors to smuggle over. I'll prolly get CoD2 there and try it out and stuff. Will be good.